Solutions Specialty Insurance Brokers
This privacy notice is made by Solutions Specialty Insurance Brokers and its affiliates (“Solutions”, “we, “us”, “our”). It applies to personal information about individuals that we collect through our websites, products, services and applications (“Services”).
How We Collect, Use and Share Information
Information that You Give Us
You may provide us information about yourself and your household when you buy or register a product or service with us, use our websites or other applications, send us an application or claim form, or communicate with us.
If you provide us with information about individuals other than yourself, you agree to inform those individuals about the content of this privacy notice and to obtain any consent required to share that person’s information under any applicable laws, rules, or regulations.
Information from Our Affiliates
We may obtain information about your transactions with our affiliates in accordance with applicable law.
Information from Third Parties
We may obtain some information about you from non-affiliated third parties. These third-party sources vary over time and by Service, but may include:
- Insurance agents and brokers;
- Information brokers from which we purchase information;
- Consumer reporting agencies;
- Service providers;
- Partners with whom we offer co-branded products or services or engage in joint marketing activities;
- Publicly-available sources such as government databases, media coverage, or other data sources that are available to the public;
- Insurance companies;
- Resellers or distributors;
- Social media; and
- Other third parties whom you have authorized to provide us information or as otherwise permitted by law.
Information Use and Disclosure
How We Use Personal Information
Generally, we use your personal information to provide you with the products and services that you request, offer you other products and services that we think might interest you, and to improve your overall experience with our Services. We may also use your personal information to:
- communicate with you about your account, business relationship, products, or services;
- provide information to you about changes to our Services;
- let you know about new features, products, or services that may be available to you;
- underwrite or rate insurance policies and other Services;
- submit information about your claims;
- manage, investigate, or resolve disputes or complaints;
- bill you, process payments, and collect on amounts that you may owe us;
- process payments for amounts that we may owe you;
- confirm your identity;
- determine your eligibility for products or services;
- market other products and services to you, including those that we or our affiliates offer;
- improve our products, services, sites, and operations;
- develop and offer new products and services;
- personalize your experience while using our Services;
- facilitate social media sharing and communications;
- permit you to enter contests, sweepstakes, and similar promotions;
- respond to requests for information from governmental authorities;
- establish or defend our legal rights and responsibilities, or those of our affiliates, business partners, vendors, customers, or others;
- perform other activities as permitted by applicable law.
How We Share Personal Information
- Our vendors and service providers. We utilize third party service providers, such as call center service providers; claims servicing providers and third party administrators; software providers; IT support, systems, and hosting providers; accountants, actuaries, auditors, consultants, and other professional advisors; claims adjusters and investigators; marketing, advertising and printing providers; research providers; financial institutions such as banks and credit unions; and consumer reporting agencies; document and record management providers; identify management and repair providers; cybersecurity consultants and analysts; repair and service providers; construction companies and consultants; translators; and other third parties from whom we purchase products or services, or who may provide products or services to you on our behalf. We may share your personal information with these third parties to conduct our business, provide and improve upon our Services, or engage in marketing or research activities.
- Other insurance-related entities. We may share personal information with third parties such as other insurers; reinsurers; insurance and reinsurance agents, brokers, intermediaries and other representatives; insurance adjusters; and third-party administrators in connection with our insurance-related Services and activities.
- Our affiliates. Other companies, including our subsidiaries and affiliates, may be able to access and use your personal information to conduct our business, provide and improve upon our Services, or engage in marketing or research activities on our behalf or on behalf of our subsidiaries or affiliates. Our affiliates may provide a variety of products and services, including financial products and services (such as property and casualty insurance, life or health insurance, insurance agency or brokerage services), service contracts or extended warranties, professional employer organization services, business process outsourcing, among others.
- Governmental authorities and parties involved in litigation. We may share personal information with governmental, regulatory, or administrative authorities (such as courts, law enforcement, tax authorities, workers’ compensation boards, and state or federal regulatory agencies), and third parties involved with litigation or other dispute resolution or legal processes, as well as their respective lawyers, accountants, auditors, and other advisors or representatives to the extent that we deem necessary and appropriate to: (a) comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations; (b) comply with judicial orders or legal process; (c) respond to requests from government authorities, including law enforcement, (d) enforce our policies, terms and conditions, and agreements; (e) protect our rights, safety, or privacy, or those of others; (f) pursue and collect available remedies or limit our damages; and (g) establish or defend our legal rights or responsibilities.
- Other third parties. We may also share your personal information with credit bureaus and credit reporting agencies; emergency services personnel (police, fire, and medical services); healthcare providers, insurers, and networks; others involved in a claim (and their representatives), and any parties involved in an actual or prospective sale, acquisition, merger, joint venture, assignment, transfer, reorganization, joint venture, or other transaction relating to some or all of our business, assets, stock, or ownership interests.
About our websites
You may be required to provide certain information in order to use some of the functions on this website (“Site Function(s)”). Examples of Site Functions available through SOLUTIONS SPECIALTY INSURANCE BROKERS Sites include the “Get a Free Quote” function, “Request a Quote” function, “Make a Payment “ function, “Contact Us” function & Other Email Forms. Each Site Function will provide guidance regarding whether and what information is necessary to utilize the function. Site Functions may be modified from time to time, and different functions may require different information.
You are not obligated to provide any requested information, but it might not be possible to process your request without the information requested. For instance, it is necessary for you to provide certain personal information in order to obtain a quote. If you are ever asked for personal information as part of your visit to this Site, and you do not want to provide that information, simply do not proceed with that Site Function.
The level of information gathered by Solutions Specialty Insurance Brokers varies depending upon your request. Here are some of the examples of the types of information that Solutions Specialty Insurance Brokers web site collects:
- “Contact Us” & Other Email Forms – Name & Email Address
- Event Registration Forms – Name, Email Address, Mailing Address, Company, Title & Phone Number
- Newsletter Subscriptions – Name, Email Address, Mailing Address, Company, Title & Phone Number
- Quoting Application – Name, Email Address, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Date of Birth, Property Address and Coverage information, Social Security Number and Consumer Reporting information
- Landing pages & Lead Generating Pages – Name, Email Address, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Date of Birth, Coverage Information, Policy Number, Spouse Name and Rating information.
- Social networking websites – You may choose to utilize your social media profile from select social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other like-type social media sites to access content on our websites. By doing so, you specifically grant permission and authorize us to collect, use and store authorized personal information from these sites.
By using our website, Solutions Specialty Insurance Brokers is able to log general statistical information (from log files) such as: the domain name, IP address and browser type of our web site visitors. The log file information does not contain personally identifiable information, such as name, address, or phone numbers. With the information gathered, we are better able to create a customized experience for your visit to our web site. We may also match business information received from third parties against the IP addresses to learn more about what types of businesses are visiting our websites and the browsing preferences of such businesses on our websites. We use the information derived from these analytical activities, which may be combined with non-personally identifiable behavioral information received from third parties, to better model and refine our general marketing activities and may, from time to time and to the extent permitted by law, directly market our products and services to these businesses based on the information we have learned about their browsing activities while on our websites.
Other Web Sites
Site Usage Details, IP Addresses and Cookies
As you use and navigate through the Site, we may collect information related to your visits to our Site, including for example, IP address, traffic data, geographic data, reference website data and other communication data. We may also collect individual or aggregate data relating to the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type and internet usage data. Some information collected may result in the identification of a particular computer; however, SOLUTIONS SPECIALTY INSURANCE BROKERS does not use such information to identify any individual.
We transmit non-personally identifiable information to third party service providers (e.g. Google) that collect website statistics. We also transmit non-personally identifiable information to third party service providers that may use such information during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice.
Information may also be collected automatically through web beacons contained on certain pages of our Site. Web beacons are small electronic files also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
E-mail and Site Communications Functions
This Site may use Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (or HTTPS—a widely used communications protocol for secure communications) for communications functions. Unless otherwise noted, e-mail addresses that may be available on this Site do not provide a completely secure and confidential means of communication. It is possible that such communications may be improperly accessed or viewed by another internet user on an unauthorized basis while in transit. If you wish to keep your information completely private, you should not use e-mail.
This Site is not directed to children, and SOLUTIONS SPECIALTY INSURANCE BROKERS does not request or intend to collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13.
Your continued use of the Site after any changes are posted will be considered acceptance of those changes. We may terminate, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this Site, including the availability of any feature at any time. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict access to all or part of the Site without notice or liability.